Here we have gathered together a collection of links to various websites which you may find useful.
- The Beacon – Copeland’s museum tracing the areas rich history from prehistoric times up to the modern day.
- The Beatrix Potter Gallery – Learn more about Beatrix Potter's life. See the original artwork from her famous stories.
- Carlisle Castle – This impressive medieval caster where Mary Queen of Scots was once imprisoned has a long and tortuous history.
- The Cumberland Pencil Museum – Visit Keswick, home of the first pencil and Derwent Fine Art Pencils.
- Dove Cottage – Discover William Wordsworth's inspirational home.
- Jennings Brewery – Find out how real ales are still brewed with care and attention by taking our friendly and guided tour of the brewery.
- The Lake District Coast Aquarium – The top all weather attraction that people keep coming back to.
- The Lake District Visitors Centre at Brockhole – Idyllically situated on the shores of Windermere, admission is free, pay and display car parking.
- Lakeland Minature Village – A fascinating insight into the buildings of Lakeland’s yesteryear.
- Lakeland Sheep and Wool Centre – Come indoors and be enthralled, entertained and educated in our unique show.
- Lakeland Wildlife Oasis – Enjoy a super day out a the North West’s favourite little zoo.
- Lakes Aquarium – Home to creatures from across the globe including Asian otters, fierce piranha and cheeky marmosets.
- Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway – Lakeland’s oldest, longest and most scenic heritage railway offers a minimum of six daily trains travelling from the coast to the foot of England’s highest mountains through two idyllic vallys.
- The Rheged Centre – A popular tourist destination that offers a range of sights and things to do from shops and restaurants to IMAX theaters and playgrounds for the kiddies.
- Trotters World of Animals – A wildlife experience with half-hourly presentations and demonstrations.
- Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery – Enjoy Englands Silver Award for Large Vistor Attraction 2008.
- Wordsworth House and Garden – William Wordsworth’s birthplace. Daily living history presenting life in 1770's Cockermouth.
- The World of Beatric Potter Attraction – Europe's only official Peter Rabbit attraction bring the Tales of Beatrix Potter to life in an indoor recreation of the Lakeland Countryside.
- Go Ape! High Wire Forest Adventure – Are you wild enough to climb 30 feet up a rope ladder, tarzan swing into a giant rope net then zip wire through trees, crawl through tunnels and tackle high wire rope bridges?
- Honister Slate Mine – Highest, coolest all weather adventure in the Lake District!
- Keswick on Derwent Water Launch Company – Keswick Launch offers 50 minute trips around beautiful Derwent Water.
- Windermere Lake Cruises – Steamers and launches sail daily throughout the year between Ambleside, Bowness and Lakeside.
- Maryport Golf Club – 18 hole golf course situated on Cumbria’s Solway coast with panoramic views of the Scottish coastline and the Lake District Fells.
- Big Pink House - Lake District Group Accommodation - Large Self Catering Group Accomodation, visit: http://www.bigpinkhouse.co.uk for more details.
- VisitCumbria.com - A guide to the many attractions and places of interest in Cumbria, The Lake District
- Cumbria Only - Cumbria Only is full of information and links for visitors to Cumbria. Jobs, Entertainment, Properties, Business and lots more!